This mini “skate school” will focus on Basic Skating Skills, giving skaters a solid foundation to move into more advanced skating skills.
We’ll also break down the game and the many roles that officials play.
If you’re interested in learning how to play or referee roller derby, there is no better way to start!
No Experience Necessary!
- Sunday, April 10th — 8:30am – Noon
- Los Alamos County Ice Rink — 4475 W Rd, Los Alamos, NM 87544
- $25 per person, or take advantage of our Bring a Buddy BOGO Discount: 2/$40.
- Lunch Included
- Financial Hardship? No problem! Just let us know.
- All participants must wear a skating-rated helmet (not bike helmet), elbow pads, wrist guards, knee pads, quad skates (not in-lines). Mouth guards are encouraged, hockey shorts (butt pad) are optional.
- Loaner gear is available first come, first serve.
- If you wish to purchase your own gear, we suggest you check out Bruised Boutique or Derby Warehouse online. They have “Fresh Meat” or “Starter” packages which contain all the pieces of gear you’ll need. Remember to purchase a certified MULTI-IMPACT helmet! LADD has some great Coupon Codes for these online shops, so let us know when you’re ready to check-out.
- If the participant does not wish to continue with roller derby, LADD will buy back their gear at 75% of the original cost.*
*Buyback must occur within 30 days after the end of Skate School, and LADD can buy back no more than 10 sets of gear.
- We encourage all participants to be vaccinated and boosted if they are able. If you or a member of your household tested positive or are symptomatic within the week of the bootcamp, please contact us at email@example.com